Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lego Party Results

We have just been so busy that I haven't had time to post all the rest of the Lego Stuff!

So, this is just going to be a bunch of pictures, pretty much.
Here we go!

 Here are the invitations that we sent the week prior
See my previous posts for the link of where to download this.

 These were all the print outs I made.
See my previous posts for links of where to download all these.

 I ordered this awesome piñata online (Etsy)
The person who made it did a great job. It was EXTREMELY sturdy. It took everything all the kids at the party had to bust it open. 

 I made these with the molds that I got on Amazon.
They were a bit challenging to work with at first since I wasn't used to working with candy molds.
Once I got the hang of it, they turned out great.
This was the games table. We had the favor bags (which were great for putting all the candy and toys from the piñata inside), treat boxes (which were used for the interlocking lego candy we got from Amazon), the maze, the word search, coloring pages, crayons, face paint, a lego head for decoration, and legos shaped to say "Dane" and "8" (his name and age).

 Here are the water bottles again. The kids thought they were awesome and even took some of the empty bottles home with them.

 I only did a handful of these. I used sharpie on plates.

Here are the party favor bags again. I just bought the bags and cut out a bunch of circles. Next time I do a project like this, I am buying a paper punch. I found one AFTER I spent hours making these and had hand cramps from cutting all the little circles.
Inside the bags were little party favors from Party City. There were little airplanes, bouncy balls, and compass rings. Nothing really Lego themed since Party City apparently doesn't carry anything "Lego".

 These were just covered juice boxes. I had printed Lego brand looking circles from online somewhere, but they ended up being took big for these little juice boxes. If I had bought the slightly bigger (and of course, more expensive) ones, then the print outs would have worked. Instead, I had to draw them on myself, which the kids didn't care either way.

 These were the sugar cookies made with the Lego cookie cutters ordered from Amazon.
Instead of spending time decorating them myself, I left out icing in several different colors for the kids to decorate their own lego people. This was totally a hit. We had a few icing accidents, but that's no biggie and easy to clean up. Letting them decorate their own saved me time and occupied the kids at the party for a bit.

 This was the cake. It was my first time making a cake, so I know its not awesome. I had bought what I thought was fondant sheets, and it ended up being edible paper sheets. I was not happy. Good thing was that I had some tub icing that I used and used spray icing to decorate the sides. My kiddo loved it. I also used the lego candy bricks and lego candy people that I made with the molds to decorate it. Unfortunately, the icing bottle that I used to write "Happy Birthday" came out in spurts and looked awful. I swear, I am way better at writing with icing then this, but it was already on the cake, so I just had to leave it.

 I made a Lego Emmet photo booth board. The kids had a great time putting their face in and letting their parents take photos. The adults had fun with it too, so it was a mega win! I used a projector to put the image on the board and trace it, then painted it with acrylic paint and outlined it in sharpie. This was the thing I was most proud of, mostly because when my son saw it he told me I was the "best mom ever" (which is what every mom wants to hear).

 Marshmallow pops. I followed steps online. (Don't have the link right now- just google it and tons of options come up) I used sticks to make the heads with a large marshmallow and a small marshmallow, then covered with yellow candy coating. Once it was hardened/dry, I used a candy marker to make the faces. I put them in a piece of styrofoam to dry, then decided it looked good as a display and left them like that for the party.

 These were the cupcakes. I used the same cake mix as the main cake. I covered the tops with spray icing then added mini M&Ms and the candy lego men from the molds.

 Here's another photo of the treat boxes that I printed and cutout and shaped. Also in this photo is the thank you cards that went in the party favor bags.
Here is how the food table looked.
We had tons of food even though I didn't have many RSVPs. It ended up being a good thing since a bunch of people showed up! Always a good thing to plan for extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment