Sunday, March 9, 2014

Monsters Inc Theme Baby Shower

Now that my gender reveal party is over, I was looking for my next project.
Next, of course, is the baby shower.

Since I do not have someone to throw it for me, I am doing it myself (just like with the gender reveal party).
I thought about it for a few days trying to think of a theme. I was not sure what I wanted to do since I was having another boy vs having a girl (I had tons of really cute ideas for a girl- but girl themes and such seem so easy).
One day, I mentioned to my hubby that we were having another "monster" (since our other two boys are such terrors at times), and, then, it hit me!

I started with the invitations and began googling ideas.
The first place I found was a website where she took another lady's idea and made it her own with a Monsters Inc theme.
http://www.sandrafiorella.com/2013/08/making-my-own-baby-shower-invitations.html
So, I used her same idea of starting with the pdf from the other lady's website then adding the baby monsters at the bottom.
However, I did not want the balloon idea. I just wanted to write the info myself.
This took some time and work.

I had to download some programs and such for my computer (I use a Mac- it would have been simpler for me to begin with if I had Windows, since that was what I was used to) to figure out how to make it work.
Once I got it all figured it out, I quickly learned how to use the program on my macbook and became amazed and fell in love with the program. IT WAS AWESOME!
Then, I just couldn't stop.

I googled other ideas from all over the internet and downloaded some digital scrap paper as well as some clip art of Monsters Inc characters. It took a lot of ground work, but once I got everything, it all just took off.

I ended up making invitations, baby registry info cards, diaper raffle cards, 5 games (Baby ABCs, BINGO, What's in Your Purse game, Word Scramble, and Word Search), and 2 types of Thank You cards. The results were so darn cute that I just couldn't keep them to myself!

So, here are photos of the cards (with a watermark on it so as to deter anyone from just taking them).
Hope they are as awesome as I think they are.
And, just so you know, I am very proud of the work I did. I am not super computer savvy, so when I see these I get excited since it does look like I know what I'm doing.











No comments:

Post a Comment