Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Gender Reveal Party Crafting

Hello all!
I just wanted to show you some pics from today's progress towards our party this weekend.

We are having a gender reveal party.
Ultrasound Friday. Party Saturday. Why so soon? Because I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!

So, for the party, I am trying to do as much as I can myself vs. paying for it or commissioning it from someone else. And, why not? I'm crafty!



So, the first thing I made today was the party favor Hershey bars!
I bought 24 Hershey bars (4 packages worth) and bought pink and blue sharpies and colored them in.
I only took a pick of the first one. I will take a better pic when I set up the party Saturday.
It was super easy to do!
The only challenges were:
1) If you held the candy bar while coloring, the chocolate seemed to melt a little from my hand.
2) The sharpie left lines in the coloring. I would have preferred a "seamless" color. The pink was way better than the blue.
3) There were a few times where I needed to give it a "second coat" of sharpie since it seemed a little light also.
For the day of the party, I will also have pink and blue marshmallows. If the kids at the party decide they want S'mores, I have graham crackers in the pantry and we can fire up the oven super quick to do indoor S'mores.



Next, I made badges for people to wear to sport the gender of the baby they are rooting for.
The theme of the party is "Ties and Tutus", so I made a cardboard pattern from an empty box out of the recycling bin and traced the pattern onto pink and blue craft foam from Michael's.
The foam was super inexpensive (don't remember exactly how much) and I was able to make plenty of them from each large sheet of craft foam.
Then, I cut them out (of course, the most tedious part) and added pins to the back.
The pins were self-adheisive, so all we had to do was take off the paper backing and stick!
My toddler helped out with this part because stickers are fun!



The last project for today was favor bags.
Since we have so many other goodies, I made super simple bags.
The only have mints inside, so nothing fancy.
The favor portion of the table will have these, Hershey bars, and lollipops, (plus they will have their badges that they can take home if they want) so they will have plenty of goodies to take home.

I was going to work on the canvas tonight, but opted for laundry and dishes instead since they were cluttering up my kitchen.
I will work on it tomorrow.
We are making a fingerprint tree. It will be a canvas with a black tree on it. As the guests arrive, they will be able to put their finger (or thumb) in pink or blue ink and make "leafs" on the tree. There will be a fine point sharpie there also, in case they want to write their name next to their fingerprint. This painting will go up in the baby's room (which will technically be our room, but since its so huge, the baby gets its own corner/half).
All I will be doing with the canvas tonight is tracing the design and then tomorrow I will paint the tree so it has plenty of time to dry before Saturday.

Hope y'all like the crafty stuff.
I got all my ideas from Pinterest (go figure)
Here's my profile if you want to see links or other ideas I looked at for this party
http://www.pinterest.com/c2mcdaniel/

No comments:

Post a Comment