Friday, February 21, 2014

I had the most ingenious idea EVER! Maybe...

Would you like to hear my ingenious plan?
I need to google of course to see if anyone has created it yet.
I'm sure it does, and if so this post is nothing but the random ramblings of an uneducated person about these things.
If it doesn't exist, I wish it did.
But, this blog will be here as proof (if it doesn't exist) that I come up with this idea in case someone steals it (maybe not the best idea for me to do, but I want to share this idea) so I can get some credit or something.
And, maybe get a patent. I'd probably just do a "poor man's" patent and mail it to myself and not open it.
If it does exist, where? I need it! Now!

Any-who!
So, here is my idea and how I came up with it.

Let's start at the beginning.

I did a bit of yard work today (pulling weeds and laying mulch). Nothing too strenuous, but given my health issues and high risk pregnancy, apparently it was too much for me (even though I had help from my toddler).
So, this resulted in a massive migraine that ensued later that evening.
Another contributing factor to that could also have been the fact that I spent 3 hours with my children that afternoon who were screaming and fighting nonstop. I actually went a bit hoarse from trying to get their attention and get them to stop. They were louder than me. Anyone would get a migraine after that!

After dinner, I decided that I needed to take action.
Since I am pregnant, I cannot take Excedrin Migraine (which is the only thing that typically helps when I get a stress migraine). I took Tylenol, but it wasn't helping.
I asked my 7 year old to watch the 3 year old for a bit, put on a movie, and went to the tub for relaxation.

Relaxation for me entails:
Bubble Bath (warm water this time vs hot water per my norm since it is not good for the baby to be in hot water- it can cause birth defects)
Zen relaxation "music"
Scented candles
Lavender essential oil in the bath
Epson salt in the bath
Peppermint oil or lotion (from Origins) on my temples
Lights off
Door locked (so as not to be disturbed by "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom")

Once I have all that, I soak in the tub for about 20-30 minutes.
This gives enough time for the muscles to relax (typically the culprit for a migraine) and the essential oils and headache medicine time to work.
By the end of the time, I feel not only much better, but very relaxed and ready to go back to being Mommy!

While in the tub, I had a thought.
First of all, in our new house, we do not have the Roman sized tub like we had in our old apartment. This was the only thing I disliked about our house, but it wasn't enough to deter me from the house since it was, other than the tub, perfect.
So, because the tub is MUCH smaller and I am MUCH bigger these days, I don't really "fit" in the tub.
My tummy is completely above water. My chest is also above water. And, its not long enough to fit all of me in. I have to take turns having my feet and my upper half of my body in the water.
This situation made me wish there was a way to go somewhere (like a spa) and have a Roman tub just to soak in. Not to bathe (I bathed earlier today after the yard work), but just to soak and relax.

While I am pondering, I am also rubbing my tummy.
Another "fun" part of being preggers is the awesome stuff that happens to your body.
That includes, aches, pains, itchy skin, heartburn, stretch marks, headaches, etc.
So, I thought "Wouldn't it be nice to also get a massage right now, like when you go get a mani-pedi."

Then, it hit me!
Why don't they have a ZenSpa type of place that caters mainly to pregnant woman. It of course could be for anyone, but their main client could be those mommies who desperately just want to be pampered.

What would they offer?

Tub Soaks
- can add bath salts or bath bombs 
- can add essential oils
- can add candles
- can add body scrubs 
- can add face masks
- can add other specialty bath options
- always plays zen music
- can add massage therapist to massage feet, legs, belly, arms, hands
- if they can make a tub where the mommy can lean over while still in the tub, then back and shoulder rubs also
- for the non-expecting, can add detox soak

Massages
- just like at somewhere like Massage Envy
- can add and cater the massage to what you need or want
- has tables or ways to accommodate the mommy belly

Salon services
- manis
- pedis
- waxing
- no false nails though (that's a whole different thing)
- scalp massage
- remedies for damaged hair (masks, rinses, etc)
- natural face masks (catered to what they need- blemish, redness, eczema, infections, etc)

They can also purchase water, specialty drinks, etc to enjoy while getting pampered.

Doesn't it sound fantastic?
I mean, what mom wouldn't love to go to something like this and have an hour or so just for herself and get pampered?

They could also sell the products they use so mommies can do what they want from home.
Products would be all natural type of stuff and herbal remedies to promote minimal chemicals. That's just my opinion, though, since I think those are not only better for you but work better without side effects.

Products would include:
Bath salts
Bath bombs
Body Scrubs
Face masks
Detox soak
Shampoos
Conditioners
Essential Oils
Candles
Zen Music
Nail polish (in case they like the color used in the salon, then they can purchase their own to take home)
Water
Specialty drinks (detox water, green tea, remedy drinks, etc)
Books about natural medicine for home use
Balms
Pain relievers
Ointments
Soaps


Sigh. It sounds amazing to me.
Now, off to google to see if I can find what I want.

I can make the natural products myself, of course (I have recipes for everything).
But, the challenge being having a place with HUGE tubs and massage tables and massage technicians and salon technicians.

Now, someone hurry and buy my idea and make it happen for me!!!


*** Update****
I searched on Google (I should really do that before rambling on the internet lol)
I found some spas nearby that offer close to what I am looking for.
They don't exactly cater to pregnant women, but there were a couple that offer prenatal massage.

Do they offer massage while in the tub soaking? No.
Do they offer all natural drinks and remedies? Kind of.
Do they offer Salon services, massages, and hypnotherapy (which is apparently what soaking in a tub with oils, bath bombs, etc is actually called)? Only a few of them offer everything.

I only found one location nearby me. And, its pretty pricey (of course), but it may be worth it.
You see, my hubby and I have a friendly bet going for the baby gender. If I win, I get a spa day. So, I just found my spa!

Could I still make this happen exactly how I imagine? Sure, but not anytime in the near future.
I need funding. Lots of funding to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment